Style and Design

Update by user Mar 13

Aaron Hawke Feb 20 to me Greetings Ms. Linda, This is Aaron Hawke, the business reputation manager of Octalogo.

I’m very sorry for the kind of experience you had with us. I called to apologize and talk to you regarding your web but could not get a hold of you so I left a detailed Voicemail. You don’t have to pay a dime ma’am. We’ll pay for everything that your web needs from this point on wards.

Please let me know what you need and I’ll make it happen J Again, sorry for the world of trouble. Please get back to me. I’m all open to help you. My hours are 11am – 7pm EST.

Thank you. Aaron Hawke Feb 23 to me Greetings Ms. Linda, Thank you for calling me and speaking to me about your concerns. As per our conversation over the call, this email states the terms and conditions of your project from this day on wards: 1.

Ms. Linda will be refunded half of your full payment which is $650 (if she accepts these terms). 2. Aaron Hawke will work with Ms.

Linda closely and all her minor revisions like contact info, tagline and banner issues will be done in a week. (*conditions applied) 3. In a week’s time, Ms. Linda’s full WordPress design will be integrated into Shopify.

(*conditions applied) 4. If Aaron Hawke, fails to do the above tasks by the first week of March, Ms. Linda will be refunded the remaining $650 too and there will be no further business between the both parties. (*conditions applied) 5.

No one else would call Ms. Linda. 6. Ms.

Linda will be provided access to the web’s back-end panel. 7. If Ms. Linda’s website requires any kind of payment, Octalogo will bear the cost and Ms.

Linda won’t be charged anything from this day on wards. 8. Ms. Linda will take down the negative reviews immediately as she will be refunded the $650 and a receipt of the refund will also be sent to her (if she accepts these terms) and she will also be refunded the remaining $650 if Aaron Hawke comes up short of the above mentioned tasks by the first week of March.

9. Until the first week of March, Ms. Linda will hold all legal actions, as she will be refunded fully if Aaron Hawke comes up short of the above mentioned tasks. *Conditions: 1.

There will be no more revisions until the first week of March or until these revisions are completed and Ms. Linda states that she’s happy with the progress of the web under Aaron’s supervisions and that she would like to continue working with Aaron till the web is deployed LIVE. 2. Octalogo won’t be responsible for any kind of damage done to the web after the web is made live because Ms.

Linda will be provided access to the web’s back-end panel. 3. The remaining $650 will only be refunded to Ms. Linda if Aaron Hawke fails to complete the tasks mentioned above (See point no.

2,3 and 6) by the end of first week of March. 4. If Aaron Hawke completes the tasks mentioned above (See point no. 2,3 and 6), Ms.

Linda won’t be eligible for any other kind of refund and will not publish any reviews in the future. Let me know if you oblige ma’am. I’ll just start working on your project right away. Thank you.

Linda Schroeder Feb 28 (13 days ago) to Aaron Mr. Hawke Thank you for the term and conditions. I am unsure of what is meant by (conditions applies in #2,#3. Please explain.

Aaron Hawke Feb 28 (13 days ago) to me Ms. Linda, Thank you for writing back to me. Your concern is addressed below: *Conditions: 1. There will be no more revisions until the first week of March other than the revisions (contact info, tagline, banner issues and the integration of the web from WP to Shopify) and Ms.

Linda states that she’s happy with the progress of the web under Aaron’s supervisions and that she would like to continue working with Aaron till the web is deployed LIVE. 2. Octalogo won’t be responsible for any kind of damage done to the web after the web is made live because Ms. Linda will be provided access to the web’s back-end panel.

3. The remaining $650 will only be refunded to Ms. Linda if Aaron Hawke fails to complete the tasks mentioned above (See point no. 2,3 and 6) by the end of first week of March.

4. If Aaron Hawke completes the tasks mentioned above (See point no.1), Ms. Linda won’t be eligible for any other kind of refund and will not publish any reviews in the future. Let me know if you oblige ma’am.

I’ll just start working on your project right away. Thank you. To date I still have nothing no access no communication at all I have not heard from them sense I wrote this back to them. Linda Schroeder Feb 28 (13 days ago) to Aaron Thank you for your explanation.

However I just not comfortable with a company who doesn't conduct business professionally. I feel I was mislead and have no confidence in your getting it done. And furthermore I never wanted a wordpress website. I am very happy with Shopify and do not need another expense of yearly fees.

I have made that clear from the beginning. I thank you for the compromise.

I'm sorry I just don't have the confidence in your company. I don't except your offer.

Original review posted by user Mar 13

All statements can be verified with copies of emails, copies of documents and recordings if anyone would like to question these facts. I have been manipulated and mislead and SCAMMED by OCTALOGO. I have spoken with my Lawyer about OCTALOGO. They lead you to believe that for $500.00 you will have an professional website complete until they get your credit card (which they keep on file) . I am starting a Class Action Lawsuit against this company Please join me if you have been scammed by these professional con artist.

I started with Ocalogo for a logo design. $100.00 paid. I received the logo and was pleased with it. Then they said I should copy write it so no one else could use it. $200.00 paid. I could either be protected in the United States but for a little more it would be an international copy-write. The fine print at the bottom, of this Certificate it state's the following (This certificate serves as a formal document that can be submitted to obtain Legal Right to the design. However it does not stand up an any Court Of Law. Octa Logo holds No Responsible if the design gets copied from Linda Schroeder ownership) this document is useless. They started talking to me about web design, I currently have a Shopify Store I designed. They told me that they could design my site and integrate it to my Shopify and it would rank high in the SEO. It would be mobile friendly etc etc. I agreed at a cost of $500.00 and that would get me a professional functioning high ranking site. I have stated all along that it has to integrate with Shopify, as Shopify has a lot of features that are extremely useful and would not give it up. They assured me no problem. I filled out several questionnaire about the look and content I was wanting. Each and every time I would get told we'll get back to you in 3-4 working days. This went on for months I would receive calls from a different person (not mentioning any names) offering what they call add-on at more cost if I want my site to do this that or the other thing and if you refused the extra charge it suddenly became free and no written break down for what the money/free would provide. Their favorite line is (you are my valuable customer). They want $200.00 more to make it mobile accessible. Another call was about 1 year or a lifetime activation fee for the use of wordpress would be another $150.00 per year or $900.00 for lifetime. Then another fee for OCTALOGO to do hosting would be $120.00 for a year and $700.00 Lifetime. However on 9-20-17 I was charged $500.00 for the wordpress website, and charged again on 10-2-17 $500.00 for one year of hosting for $120.00 per year or $700.00 lifetime and SEO friendly web content by OCTALOGO,plus $150.00 per year or $900.00 lifetime for wordpress. My understanding (confirmed by an emails ) was hosting would be $120.00 per year and $700.00 lifetime and 1 year or a lifetime activation fee for the use of wordpress would be another $150.00 per year or $900.00 for lifetime. I was charged $500.00. It does not add up. The next correspondence was as follows (copied from an email: And as per our discussion over the call I can use my coupons and will provide you the complete life time hosting and life time wordpress maintenance and activation fees which is total $1600 I can give you this complete in just $499 by using my monthly coupons. and this will be the final payment of website you don't have to pay any more yearly or monthly fees ) now I feel I'm being coned. Nov 14,17 I received a request to write the content myself and they will place it on the site. Really what did I hire you For. I asked to have access to the site and was told they could not give me access until it was live. I am now getting mad. demanding my money back because I still had nothing and to this date 2-20-18 I still have no access. I was told if I wanted to keep my Shopify store I would have to acquire another domain name and have two stores as wordpress would NOT integrate with Shopify. WTH !!!!! I was told they would provide me with the same domain name only with a (-) in the middle. At this point I said Ok I am so sick of all the con. Now on 1-29-18 They want me to buy another name if I won't take it from Shopify.

I have had it with this company the story here in brief goes on and on .

I have filed a IC3 internet fraud with the FBI and plan to pursue this until something is done. They have a 100% satisfaction or your money back guarantee on their site. Which they don't honor. I still have no access or a finished site. And the last communication with them was on 1-24-18 they have my money why should the communicate. I have had it and will not stop until my $1,300.00 is returned. I will post this any place and every place. Please Join Me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Octa Logo Web Development.

Reason of review: I have been mislead and ripped off I have nothing for my money no access to what I paid for .

I didn't like: Continues never ending high pressure up selling practises, Service, Cheater havent provide what promised i lost time and money, 1300 dollars and i have nothing.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 13.

Comments

We all going through the same things with them right now they promised us on site will be up and ready since February we are now in June and still yet nothing we paid them on this money no website on the run around on that me know nothing you suck you not paying attention to what we’re asking them to do the putting update on stuff on the side every time does something different last night

to Anonymous #1526420

Hello and thank you for sharing your story seems we have common stories. I have file with the FTC reference number 97375894.

I spoke with the FTC this morning , I was told the more complaints they get they will then do a investigation and take necessary actions. Perhaps getting our money back. Filing only takes about 5 minutes at ( ftc.gov.

) We must stop these con artist. Please take the time and pursue this as we aren't the only ones with this story.

I have had a similar experience. They took forever to put together my website as English is obviously not their first language and they continually made simple spelling mistakes over and over.

Then the high pressure sales started as well.

Things I was promised never materialized. Frustrated beyond words.

to Michael #1526421

ActuallyGrasshopper

they are doing the same thing here in australia as well - they operate from virtual offices and don't deliver - they are making out that they are an Australian based business. Just SCAM artists.

to ActuallyGrasshopper #1526422